Parental Permission to Travel – Notarized Letter For Traveling With Children

Parental Permission to Travel – The summer months are upon us and soon children will be out of school.  Hooray…summer brings the travel season!  Children may be traveling with their parents, one parent, a relative or a trusted group in or out of the country. If a minor child is under 18 and traveling without both parents, there are special travel rules to be aware of.

Due to the increase in child abductions and disputed child custody cases, it is highly recommended by the U.S. Border and Customs Protection that when a child is not accompanied by both parents, that the traveling adult (with the child) have a note from the child’s parents.  This note should acknowledge that the child is traveling with their permission. It is also suggested that the note be notarized by a Notary Public.

The recommended format is: “I acknowledge that my wife/husband/teacher/etc. is traveling out of the country (or to another state) with my son/daughter/group. He/She/They has/have my permission to do so.

We all know that Google is our all-knowing best friend, so googling “parental permission to travel” will enable you to find free forms ready for download and use. Because travel requirements can change, it is always a good idea to check the latest information about document requirements on the US State Department website.

Please contact Deana Lowrance (Your Premier Mobile Notary & Signing Agent @ Signing by Design)  to assist you with this necessary notarization. Mobile Notary services are provided in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, Cave Creek, Carefree, Anthem, Surprise, Sun City and Paradise Valley.